Potato skins are always a great treat for any party or just to try something different. We have made them even better by adding Green Chile to the recipe. Enjoy!
- 8 small baking potatoes
- vegetable oil
- garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces Hatch Green Chile
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Chile Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean potatoes & rub the skins with vegetable oil. Prick each one several times with a fork.
- Place potatoes in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until done.
- Allow potatoes to cool to touch. Cut top third of each potato; discard tops.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/8 inch shells.
- Fry potato skins in hot, 375 degrees, oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Invert and drain on paper towels. Place potato skins cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and cheddar cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Top potato skins with crumbled bacon and 1 tablespoon of chives.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, green chile, and red chile powder. Stir well.
- Spoon mixture into each potato skin and top with remaining chives
Makes 8 servings.