Our Shopping Cart: The Safest Way to Buy
- Safer than a fax: Orders placed on this Web site are encrypted
(scrambled); faxes aren't...your information could be intercepted as it
travels over the telephone line or, more likely, read by an unauthorized
person in the receiving office.
- Safer than a phone order: When you order online, you don't have
to give out your credit card number to a phone clerk who who will enter it
into some unknown office computer system...or perhaps keep a copy of it
for him or herself. We don't store your credit card data on our office
- Safer than a retail store: At most retail stores or
restaurants, printed credit card receipts can be lost, stolen, or simply
discarded with the trash. We never print your credit card information.
Your information is stored only on the secure servers of industry leader
Yahoo! We have to use a secure Internet browser to view the data. Your
credit card number is automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Using a credit card is safer than a check: The
security procedures and systems we use have been approved by VISA and
Mastercard. Under federal law, your bank cannot hold you responsible for
more than $50.00 of unauthorized use of your card.
- Using PayPal is safer than a
credit card: When you use the Internet's leading payment system to pay
for online purchases, your personal information, even your billing
address, is not shared with the merchant.
- We take an extra step for you: We pay $1,000 per year for our
Internet systems to be tested against hackers by McAfee Merchant Security Verification. This permits us to
display their industry-leading "McAfee Secure" logo.
Our Famous $200 Security Guarantee
If unauthorized charges appear on your credit card periodic statement at any time within 180 of your last transaction with us, we'll reimburse you for unauthorized charges not covered or waived by your credit card issuer...AND give you a US$200.00 reward for reporting the violation to us.
Our guarantee is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- This credit card security guarantee applies only to purchases made with a credit card issued, by a United States bank or other U.S. credit card issuing authority, which was used to make a purchase in our store within the previous 180 days. (Sorry, but the guarantee does not apply to consumers using non-U.S. issued credit cards because regulations vary between countries. It also does not apply to credit cards which were used to make a purchase from us via fax or phone.)
- This guarantee covers only that liability which was not covered or waived by your card issuer.
- In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must report all unauthorized charges to your card issuer no later than 30 days after the card issuer mails the first card statement showing unauthorized charges. You must follow the issuer's procedures, and cancel the card number; we will not be liable for further unauthorized charges made on the same card number.
- When making a claim, you will be required to complete a short claim form that includes an authorization for our credit card service provider to obtain information or records concerning the claim. You must also provide us with (i) a copy of the credit card statement that includes the unauthorized charges, (ii) a statement from the card issuer showing a charge for your liability and confirming that you were subject to fraudulent use of your credit card, and (iii) copy of a filed police report.